Sr Analyst, Sales Planning & Operations
Culver City , CaliforniaID de la oferta JR20-10623 Postularse Ver Trabajos Guardados
The Global Distribution group is a multi-billion-dollar division within Sony Pictures Entertainment focused on licensing features, series and formats to linear and digital platforms worldwide. The role will work with 200+ Sales and Sales Planners around the world.
The role is responsible for supporting Sales and Sales Planning by ensuring that deal fees are allocated fairly across titles, revenue processes are being followed and SOX compliant, and all necessary product information is available to support sales opportunities. The role requires a hands-on, detail-oriented individual who is financially & technically savvy and proficient in excel. The areas of responsibility include the following:
TITLE ALLOCATIONS - Fair allocation of license fees across titles is a key requirement for how participants are paid. Most deals require allocation of fees; regional planners will submit the required deal details to home office for allocation of fees.
- Utilize Excel based allocation models to determine proper allocation of license fees based on contract terms and market value. Year-end volumes will require commitment and quick turnaround.
- Track and report on allocations received and in process.
- Evaluate opportunities to streamline the allocation process.
REVENUE RECOGNITION & COMPLIANCE SUPPORT – The Sales Planning organization plays an integral role in appropriate revenue recognition inputs and compliance with SOX controls.
- Maintain knowledge of revenue recognition rules and SOX control deadlines.
- Coordinate between Finance and the international Sales Planning leads to ensure all deal revenue is fully approved in system by monthly system close. Confirm deal revenues subject to accruals.
- Identify new deals subject to quarterly financial disclosure reporting requirements.
- Compile reporting necessary for fair market value assessment on major deals.
- Work with regions to prepare and compile compliance audit data; track and respond to external auditor inquiries in a timely manner.
- Provide timely feedback on delays or challenges for all workflows.
TITLE DATA MONITORING & REPORTING - In order to support sales opportunities, it is crucial to stay on top of title metadata and reporting to Global Distribution teams.
- Monitor title metadata to ensure necessary information is in system for client avail reporting and sales opportunities.
- Identify title data gaps and work with appropriate contacts in the organization to remedy.
- Maintain new TV season pick-up dates and related email communications.
- Attend product status meetings with Acquisition and Product Strategy teams.
- Compile and distribute monthly Features and TV Series reporting.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 year’s work experience; prior experience in TV Distribution required, international and financial experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong analytical skills.
- Highly proficient in Excel.
- Ability to monitor and correct one’s mistakes.
- Hands on and an obsessive attention to detail.
- Comfortable using and proposing technology to improve processes.
- Flexibility, ability to work under changing priorities/and or tight timelines.
- Ability to prioritize multiple important projects.
- Proficient at establishing relationships with cross-functional peers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive, positive team-player.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Por qué nosotros Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“Las personas son fantásticas. Nuestros colegas son brillantes, amables, cálidos, reflexivos, apasionados y colaboradores”.